Hi friend! So, I’m wondering – what’s your dream?
Everyone has a dream. What’s yours?!
You’ve heard the question:
If you could do anything – ANYTHING – and know you would be successful, what would it be?
That’s the kind of dream I’m talking about.
When I was a little girl, I loved to draw and wanted to be a cartoonist….or a skillful and entertaining writer…..or a brilliant attorney! You know how it is! My dream changed every year! I practiced drawing Snoopy more times and in more ways than I can remember! And I’ll never forget the short story I wrote in sixth grade titled, “Sneaky Snake!” It was terrible! But I loved it!!
As I grew older, my dream of drawing and becoming an attorney faded, but I’ve always loved to write. Trust me, I’ve come to realize that I can’t write an entertaining story to save my life, but I still love to write! (Anything that isn’t fiction)
And over the years, another thing I’ve noticed is I really enjoy encouraging people. a little while ago, I was on the phone with my friend who is having a birthday later this week. Let’s just say, she’s not exactly ecstatic about turning another year older! Actually, she’s typically a positive person and she sounded a bit – um….depressed about it. I joked around with her that it’s not so bad (since she’s turning my age!) and reminded her that I lived through it! And besides, I told her, old age can motivate us! We need to get our game on, since we don’t have much time left! So before we hung up we set a goal and made a plan for next week to achieve it.
And that’s why I blog. Because I love to write and encourage friends like you and my birthday friend! It’s fun. Exhilarating! Exciting! To think that I could do something to make someone’s day a little brighter makes my day brighter!
So, what about you, friend?
What’s your dream?
If you could do anything…. What would it be?
I know, I know. There are so many obstacles. And so many distractions.
But seriously in this day and age there are oodles of opportunities that our parents didn’t have. The sky’s the limit!
So, think of a dream and we’ll walk through it together…
Grab a piece of paper – or open your computer and write down your dream. Don’t be afraid if it’s big! It’s exciting to dream big!
Here we go! Follow these:
Six Easy Steps to Accomplishing Your Dream
- Develop it. Do you need to incorporate a discipline into your life? If so, be specific. Okay, let’s say you want to lose 30 pounds. Walking might be a good discipline to build into your schedule.
- December 31. Set a goal to achieve by year end. This is where I have to slow my brain down and be realistic – I tend to dream big, real BIG!
- Six Months. Where should you be in 6 months to be sure you’ll be on track for that year end goal? So, if you want to lose 30 pounds by year end, you’d want to have 15 off in six months, right?
- One Month. By month end you’ll want to be committed to a plan to work towards your six-month goal.
- One Week. Every goal needs to be broken down into small doable steps. This makes your BIG dream attainable and not just a pie-in-the-sky dream.
- Today. Never, never, ever listen to that little voice that says “Today” doesn’t matter. It does! There are 365 “Todays” in each year. And if you want to be at your year-end goal – it will take a commitment and dedication.
Breaking down your dream into a daily goal makes it feasible, attainable, possible.Breaking down your dream into a daily goal makes it feasible, attainable,… Click To Tweet
I’ve noticed that often… we have dreams, but if we’re completely honest – we aren’t willing to do what it takes to make our dreams a reality. Don’t be that guy!
The bible says that God’s gifts and our calling are irrevocable (Romans 11:29).
Seriously friend, if He’s planted a dream in your heart, and given you the talent/gifting to achieve it. It’s not going away, so you might as well go for it!!
I’d love to hear your goal and how you’ll be working towards it!