Happy 4th of July friends!
How blessed we are to live in the US of A and celebrate this holiday!
When my kids were little, I’d ask them: “What did we do – that we were born in this country?” Obviously, their answer was, “Nothing.”
True! It is only by the sheer grace of God that we were born here – in a country where we have so many freedoms.
We could easily have been born in a place where our lives are restricted….
Think about it – On our worst days, we are still amazingly blessed.
In the USA, these are just some of our freedoms:
We have the freedom to choose –
We can choose which store we’ll buy our abundance of food from
We can choose our religion
We can choose our career path
We can choose to marry or not, and who to marry
We can choose to work or not
We can choose to fulfill our dream or not
The freedom of choice is foundational to the freedoms that we are afforded in… Click To Tweet I’ve heard it said that we make an average of 35,000 decision every day. Whoa! That’s a lot!!
This morning when I woke up at 4:00 am I started my day off making decisions: “Get up? Don’t get up?” Get up. Sigh. The decisions flowed after that. Coffee this early? Write or quiet time?
Sometimes the choices come so easy that we forget we have them. Does that make sense? (See, you just chose!)
When we have an abundance of freedoms – we tend to take them for granted. And we forget that who we are is a product of our choices. Not victims of the times.
Think about it…what have you chosen for yourself? Hopefully your answer is positive. But let’s be honest, we’re human and we’re gonna make mistakes. Every day, all day long.
A few minutes ago, somewhere between the first and fifth paragraph, I got up and started eating junk food. Ahemmmmmm….. Bad choice. But, that’s just one of 35,000! Fortunately I think I’m gonna be okay, because most of the other 34,999 choices were better.
So, friends, let freedom reign! And be smart with what you do with your personal freedom. In the bible, God says that he sets before us blessings and curses. Right after that sentence, He is urging us to choose blessings. He wants the very best for you. I hope you do too!!
Remember, lots of men and women sacrificed more than we’ll ever know for us to be able to have the freedom to choose.
Choose life and blessings! (Deut. 30:19)
Okay friends – time for our link up party – TrekkingThru the Week!
Just a few requests:
- Link up to three family-friendly posts! I’d love to get to know you!
- Partying is Mingling!! Remember, this is all about building a community where we can encourage each other to use our gifts and talents. Please, please, please visit others that link up.
- I’d love if you would subscribe to me and I’ll return the favor. You can find the buttons in my sidebar.
- Please grab my button from the sidebar and tell everyone where you shared your blog! I’d be so grateful!
- If it’s your first time, reach out and let me know so that I can be sure to say hello and follow you back.
- By linking up to TrekkingThru the Week, you are granting permission for me to share your work. Not to worry – all credit will be given to you as the creator of your fabulous work!!
Okay!!! Let’s party!!!
Make it a great week!!!!